Wednesday, December 1, 2010

To see yourself as others see you

So, dear reader, here's what happened.
I'm on a laundry run, basket full of dirty clothes perched nicely on the little trolley Mike bought us from Costco.  I am halfway there when I realise I don't have enough quarters (like my American accent???) for the machines, so with a handful of coins adding up to 2 quarters (that's fifty cents to you) I start asking passers by if they could change them for me....I was a little upset and a lot offended when three people in a row completely ignored my polite request and was thinking "how rude", it meant I had to walk all the way back to the boat to see if Mike had any change (funny how he never wants to join in the laundry fun).
Anyway, when I eventually got back and told him what had happened, he suggested I go look in the mirror with my hand outstretched and trailing a cart behind me....ok, I suppose I did look a bit like a bag lady.....guess I've gone a little ferral :-)

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha ha, know what you mean, a week on ours and I must look like a fried tiger prawn. Pity you aren't in Vegas, there would be quarters everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest - please leave a comment!